Accessing photos on Android devices

11-08-2017 10:22 AM
EmilyBartee2
New Contributor III

Is there a fix or solution to attaching photos from the photo gallery on an android device?

I found this question already although the answer implied device specific issues (https://community.esri.com/message/720185-re-image-selection-in-survey123-app?commentID=720185#comme... ).  I've seen this on multiple android devices - the application pulls from a folder that is not the DCIM and after diligently searching through folders to find the DCIM, the camera gallery images are in reverse chronological order.  Is there a fix for this or recommended course of action? 

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Emily,

The behavior that you are encountering when attempting to attach photos to a survey from an Android device has been logged as a defect, and there are efforts to resolve it in the future.  In the meantime, you can track the progress related to its resolution by selecting the linked record below...

BUG-000103945 - In Survey123 for ArcGIS Android field app, the layout for selecting an existing imag...

EmilyBartee2
New Contributor III

Good Morning, Brandon!  Thank you for your response, that's what I needed to hear!

0 Kudos