Select to view content in your preferred language

A form inside another form - How Call an external form?

09-20-2019 06:34 AM
BrunoGomes_de_Souza
Esri Contributor

Hey Guys, Nice day for everyone!

I Have a doubt about A form inside another form.
Let me explain:

I have two forms one of inspections and another one whith anomalies.
These two forms are independet and I need to call the form anomalies if I found some weird in my inspections.

Other Guys will use exclusively the form anomalies. Groups of inspections will use both the inspection form and Anomalies form.
I know that I can put the answers of anomalies form inside Inspections form, but I will need to transfer these kind of data to the other form (Anomalies).

Doing it by link, I could open the other form, but connected in 4G. The problem is my client doesn't have Internet there.

Have an easy way to do it?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can link to other forms when offline no problem.  What you will probably not like is that if you launch a form from a form the one you launched from will stay open in the background the whole time form 2 is open.  After saving form 2 it will go back to 1.

I do not like as it tends to confuse the user and if anything goes wrong form 1 will be lost.  I suggest testing this.

My preferred way is to load the inspection points into Collector then have launch links for each form.  This all works offline as well.

The other option could be to have then save to the outbox form 1.  Then reopen form 1 and use a link you create to open form 2.

0 Kudos
BrunoGomes_de_Souza
Esri Contributor
Hey Doug, thanks!
I'm picking the link of my Form in the Survey 123 web and when I configure it as a Link, my survey pops up directly in web.
Probably I'm doing something wrong.
Can you enlight me how can I alternate between these forms off line?
Thank's
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you are offline then you have to use the app for the device from the app store.  To use the app the link looks like this

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=68b6aa20e5werjhf7a16e4d8d5&field:Office={Office}

You cannot use the web browser option offline.

0 Kudos