3.6 Bug - Web Form Not Creating Point

10-07-2019 01:04 PM
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

**Edit** I submitted a case through ESRI Technical Support and the tech thinks this is a bug in version 3.6 of Survey123. If a survey is submitted through the web, the data will be added to the feature layer, but a point will *not* be created. If a survey is submitted through the app, both the data and a point will be created as expected. When testing the web survey with '?version=3.5' at the end of the URL, it worked as expected.

----------

One of my surveys has decided to not create a point whenever a survey is submitted via the web. The data is still entered into the table, but there is no point on the map. I've looked in the Data-Visualization tab on ArcGIS Online, a webmap created with the layer, and the data tab in Survey123 - all with the same problem. The data is there in the table, but there is not a point on the map.

I've submitted to the survey via an Android phone and the data point shows up as expected. No problems.

Anyone have an idea what is going on here?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

As I continue to troubleshoot this problem, I've noticed other surveys are also not creating a geopoint feature when a survey is submitted through the web. Is anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi April,

Thanks for submitting the bug through ESRI Support and we are working on it. It is an issue with 3.6 web forms that don't include a Geopoint question. Please use the bug number to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site: https://support.esri.com

Thanks,

Jody Zheng Liu

0 Kudos