Select to view content in your preferred language

Streetmap Premium Composite Address Locator distance output field

02-27-2015 08:20 AM
NicoleTranisi
New Contributor

I have Streetmap premium for ArcGIS TomTom R2 2014, when I use the composite USA_2014R2_TT_Composite address locator an output field that is created in my geocoded table is a "Distance" field.  The field contains all zeros when I run the address locator, however, I would like to know how to use this output and understand the functionality.  There dosen't seem to be any documentation about the "Distance" output field. Does anyone know how to use the "distance" function in Streetmap premium?

DistanceOutput.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenGrod
Regular Contributor

Nicole,

Are you still working on this issue? Is it possible that one of the address locators which the USA_2014R2_TT_Composite address locator references is adding a custom field to the output? You can check each address locator referenced by the Composite and identify the Output parameters. I have a screen shot below of the Output dialog for a local address locator. Hope this is helpful and good luck.

AddressLocator.png

0 Kudos
PatrickPeters1
New Contributor II

The Distance value is the physical distance in meters from a candidate to a specified location. The Distance output value is calculated for each candidate when the Location input parameter is passed in a request using the Find or findAddressCandidates methods. If the Location parameter is not passed in a request, then the value of Distance is zero.

NicoleTranisi
New Contributor

ESRI Technical support told me this is a field that is not currently used as it is intended for future use with ArcGIS online. 

0 Kudos