Select to view content in your preferred language

Using briefings to gather public contributions

12-07-2023 05:35 PM
CDRAssociates
New Contributor

Hi! I have a few questions and am hoping someone knows the answers!

1) Can Briefings include Survey123 Polling as a "Multimedia" option?

2) Can a map on Briefings be collaborative-- meaning that the public can add and comment on the map?

I hope someone can help! 

Thanks 🙂

---------

Moderator note: This new question thread was created from a comment originally added on this blog post: Briefings (beta): Known Issues and What's Coming..... - Esri Community

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sure! You can add a Survey123 form in a briefing. Just use the embed option. And thanks to an update made earlier this week, the survey will adopt the theme colors of your briefing, so it will seamlessly blend in.

Creating a collaborative map isn't a feature of the briefing builder, but you can embed any other app that enables public contributions in a briefing.

However, I'd be cautious and make sure that the experience you create is a good one for your contributors. For example, I wouldn't add a collaborative editing app to a small panel because the contributors won't have much space to work with.

I think a good way to do this would be to use the briefing as an educational tool to communicate the purpose of your project and how contributions can be made, and at the end of the briefing provide a link to open your contribution tool in a new browser tab. If you have a strong requirement to have the tool live inside the briefing, consider adding it to the briefing as an attachment link. Attachments open up in the same browser tab, but in a large window so your contributors will more easily be able to use whatever tool you provide.

Here's a tutorial about making briefings that might be helpful: Create your first briefing (arcgis.com)

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 7.59.11 AM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps