Sharing only to a group

Jump to solution
07-15-2020 07:03 AM
LynnCarlson__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I have a new (not classic) storymap.  Current share settings are private, and to a group, but members of the group are still unable to view the story map.  This story map is only meant to be seen by members of the group; I do not wish to share with organization (which assume means anyone in the organization can see it), or publicly. 

I can see the story map as an item in the group, all the storymap content (feature layers, maps) are also shared to the group.  Members I want to be able to see the story map are members of the group with a user type GIS Professional Advanced.

Does a new story map have to be shared to the entire organization before members of a group can see it?  If so, is my assumption that it will then be viewable by everyone in the organization correct?

I am owner and member of the group, and AGOL admin, so can make any changes necessary to the settings / roles.

Thank you for guidance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Lynn -- A story does not have to be shared to the org for group members to see it. What you described should work the way you expect with stories created with ArcGIS StoryMaps.

I just tested this and it is working as expected for me. If you can't get it to work, I'd suggest that you please contact Esri Tech Support so they can help you troubleshoot this specific issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Lynn -- A story does not have to be shared to the org for group members to see it. What you described should work the way you expect with stories created with ArcGIS StoryMaps.

I just tested this and it is working as expected for me. If you can't get it to work, I'd suggest that you please contact Esri Tech Support so they can help you troubleshoot this specific issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
LynnCarlson__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.... I will see if Tech Support can iron out the problem then.  I thought I was missing something basic.

Have a great day.

0 Kudos
BrennaLHughes
New Contributor II

Lynn, do you remember if you were successful in sorting out this problem? I'm preparing to inflict this on my students as an assignment, but feeling a little hesitant if I can't get privacy settings figured out in advance.

0 Kudos