Map Action Beta: Potential Labeling Bug

Jump to solution
07-22-2020 02:55 PM
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

First, I really like the Map action feature in the StoryMaps, as it provides a great end-user option if they want more information.

In a current story map build, I have been encountering what I think is a bug, where I have 1 map, in a sidecar, and several map actions.  The map actions work great, and as they're set up with layers turning on and off as intended.  However, several of my layers have labels in them, that once the another map action button is selected, the labels are retained from the previous map action, while the layers are not visible (as intended).

Likewise, those same features that retain the labeling, are retained in the map legend, just without a symbol showing.

I would like to know if any other users have been encountering this, and if so, how did you resolve this issue or what was your work around did you find that would work.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for getting back to us Owen!

If you can, can you please update this post when a solution is found or there are developments?

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Bryan -- We haven't been able to look into the details yet, but it's on our list to look at next week. If there's a straightforward fix we'd hope to deploy that in mid-Sept. Will post another update when we know more.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry, this one has been delayed a bit, but we have it on our radar to look at it in Oct.

Owen Evans
SuzanneWade1
New Contributor II

I am also having this problem with sidecar maps. After scrolling through the first map to the second, the new layers appear, but it displays the previous map's pop-ups and legend. Hoping for something in October--thanks!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

A fix for this issue was deployed in the Oct 26 release. Please let us know if you are still seeing issues.

Owen Evans