Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to put a Arcade expression or variable into text?

Monday
CW-GIS
by
New Contributor III

I'm looking to have attribute data populate a variable in a text paragraph. Is that possible?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @CW-GIS ,

This is not currently a feature that is built into the StoryMaps Text element. The closest to grabbing the data would be via pop-ups using arcade expressions within a web map that is then brought into the story in an immersive element, like a sidecar or map tour (check out these blog posts for more information on how to set this up 1 , 2 ). The extent of the specific slide or point in the immersive element could be limited to that specific point, and the pop-up could be left open by turning on "Keep pop-up open" in the story's map options, and additionally docked with the "Docked pop-up option". 

AbbyE_Esri_2-1721248639171.png

Another option I can think of, is adding a map action button in an immersive narrative panel to allow the map content to either jump to a particular pop-up that has the arcade expression configured, or to an embed of another piece of content, like a dashboard, that is showing the live update of the data. 

AbbyE_Esri_1-1721248346582.png

Ultimately, though, these are workarounds for not being able to update the actual text within a paragraph with Arcade. If this is something you'd like to see us address in the future of our product, I'd recommend adding your kudos to the existing idea asking for this enhancement.

--Abby

0 Kudos