ZONAL STATISTICS

Jump to solution
02-26-2016 07:19 AM
AugustEagles
New Contributor

Hello
I wonder if it is possible in the zonal statistics how many polygons belong to a certain value ?

for example , I have a shapelfile to 2000 polygons and a classified image , when I go in " zonal statistics " and choose the " majority " it generates polygons classified according to the picture, THE PROBLEM IS WHEN I GO THE TABLE ATTRIBUTES AND SCORE APPEARS somewhere around 300,000 . I would like to appear the number of polygons belonging to a certain value , for example 1800 poligos VALUE 1 and 200 polygons VALUE 2 ,
it's possible?

thank you so much

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

each class/zone in a raster cannot be separated unless you perform a Regiongroup

Region Group—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Integer raster areas which are physically separated will share one record in the attribute table.  Regiongroup separates the data providing a new classification scheme while retaining the old data.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

each class/zone in a raster cannot be separated unless you perform a Regiongroup

Region Group—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Integer raster areas which are physically separated will share one record in the attribute table.  Regiongroup separates the data providing a new classification scheme while retaining the old data.