Weighted Overlay Tool error

Jump to solution
03-02-2022 05:42 AM
Labels (1)
AntonioJesúsRodríguezGarrido
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm having issues with Weighted Overlay Tool in ArcGIS pro (2.9.1 & 2.9.2), doesn't work correctly, it doesn't allow me to change influence, I haven't been able to run this tool. If I change the influence value, after that, the tool recalculate it automatically (see attached). By the way, if I make the same analysis using the same rasters in ArcMap, the tool weighted overlay works fine. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply,

Finally I could fix this error. I don't know why, but I took all data to a new different ArcGIS pro Project and it worked fine. Maybe the previous Project had some bugs or whatever. 

I would like to thank Tong Jiao from Esri as he helped me out with this issue.

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

what happens if you click the Equals to symbol (=) first? Do the influence in each row change to 10%?

If it does, are you able to change them to desired values, that would sum to 100%?

Think Location
0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. It happens the same, it changes each row to 10% but automatically return to change to non desirable values (100000). Also, sometimes the tool crash, it's very frustrating

0 Kudos
RyanDeBruyn
Esri Contributor

This seems suspect as the tool validation should enforce sum of influence to equal 100.  The large value you are showing are you saying are automatically being generated by the tool on validation?

Does this work for you with a different set of raster layers? 
Does this happen only with these data?  What if you have 2 or 4 inputs (not 10).   

If your problem persist I would suggest to open an issue with Technical Support and provide them with your data and reproducible steps to assist you better.

As a work around if your data are already classed into equal categories you could try the Weighted Sum tool.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply,

Finally I could fix this error. I don't know why, but I took all data to a new different ArcGIS pro Project and it worked fine. Maybe the previous Project had some bugs or whatever. 

I would like to thank Tong Jiao from Esri as he helped me out with this issue.

Best regards

0 Kudos
FatihTerzi1
New Contributor

I am having the same issue. Can you provide the solution please?

0 Kudos