Statistics field for Summary Statistics

06-06-2012 10:35 AM
grahamlangley-edwards
New Contributor II
Hi, Sorry if this is not posted in the correct place, but I was not sure where to put it.  I am trying to use the Summary Statistics tool to create a summary table for a polygon layer.  In the Statistics Field drop down menu I can only select the available field headings from the layers attribute table (ID, Gridcode etc...).  However, when I make a selection I get "Error 000800 -  The value is not a member of SUM|MEAN|MIN|MAX|RANGE|STD|COUNT|FIRST|LAST".   I have tried to enter some of those values in the field manually, but I get the same error.  Seems like it is just something  I am overlooking, but  I can't figure it out.  I am using ArcGIS 10 with Windows 7 professional.  Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,

Graham
0 Kudos
7 Replies
grahamlangley-edwards
New Contributor II
Sorry, stupid mistake, I figured it out....
0 Kudos
ChelseyFaller
New Contributor
Having this same problem, been at it for hours and I have no idea what to do. I'm getting the same error message over and over no matter what I enter for the Statistics Field. How did you fix this?
0 Kudos
KumarBiswas
New Contributor
Hi Graham, I am facing the same problem. Can you share how to solve?
Thanks,
Kumar
0 Kudos
KumarBiswas
New Contributor
Hey Graham, Solved the problem.
Thanks,
Kumar
0 Kudos
ChelseyAiton1
New Contributor

Graham and Kumar,

Could you share how you solved the problem?

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Chelsea, can you load the picture into Geonet instead? I really don't want to sign up for yet another website!

I'm guessing the problem was solved by everyone by completing all the parameters in order in the tool dialog.

0 Kudos
HeatherBell1
New Contributor

Under 'Statistic Type' there is a drop down box. You need to select the summary statistic type first and then run the tool.Hi there, below