Select to view content in your preferred language

Spatial Analyst Drop Down box disappeared

07-09-2010 08:34 AM
BrianDudek
Occasional Contributor
Already read this thread.  Didn't work.  Running Arcgis10.
http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=93&f=995&t=185925&g=1
0 Kudos
12 Replies
ahmednassar
New Contributor
I am a university teacher of GIS.

With all my respects to the developers and design team at ESRI, I think it is stupid to bring up a toolbar that is actually empty.

It was easier to direct students to do several analysis using the toolbar rather than always going to toolbox or search via find in ArcMap 10. Now they have to spend at least 20 minutes to type,search and find.

Developers think oh let's just change something so they could say.. We changed something in Analyst extension.

Developers and designers: You either add a new algorithm or make it simple for users to do their work or else LEAVE THINGS AS THEY ARE... .. YOU ARE WASTING OUR TIME SEARCHING for every functionality now...
0 Kudos
NathanHancock
New Contributor
Thanks Guenter
0 Kudos
VanWalker
New Contributor III
Stating the obvious:  the new Spatial Analyst toolbar is close to useless.  The old dropdown was perfect for quickly and easily performing analysis - power users and novice users alike.  I cannot fathom why in the world ESRI software team had it removed (despite Eric Trice's explanation).  Ditto all the others posts complaining.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, GUENTER for the zip file MXD that brings back the dropdown menu.
0 Kudos