Select to view content in your preferred language

Raster Resolution (Extraction by Mask)

07-13-2012 05:23 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: gismare

Hi,

I am having trouble retaining raster resolution when extracting by mask. Before: [ATTACH=CONFIG]16058[/ATTACH] After: [ATTACH=CONFIG]16059[/ATTACH]

I originally had issues with the resolution around the boundaries of the mask, but changed cell size in Environments. Now, the resolution of the different classes are terrible. Any help regarding this
would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
0 Kudos
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jbswain

Per the help, the cell size can be set by the environment variable.  I am not sure why the combination of the cell size in the environment variable and the resampling as described (to match the original resampling method).  The other option I would consider would be snap raster. If that does not work, then please create a Support incident.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Regular Contributor II
Are the values in the created raster and the original raster the same or different? Use the identify tool to find out.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: gismare

Thank you all for your help.

I finally overcame the problem....

Indeed, the raster cell sizes for the kriged surface and the extracted raster were not matching up, even when choosing 'same as layer' (i.e. the input layer).

So, prior to kriging, I manually specified a cell size value (0.005 in this case) and did the same before extraction by mask. This gave a reasonable resolution around the peripheries, and for class boundaries.
0 Kudos