Raster elevation calculation

Jump to solution
05-27-2018 10:17 AM
PhilippWickey
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have forgotten how to express in the Raster Calculator, that I want elevations " 35m through 100m" from a raster.

Any help is appreciated, also if there is an example reference guide somewhere, please feel free to share.

Thanks

Phil

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PhilippWickey
New Contributor II

Got it,

One thing, I do not remember having to save a file in a different folder or as a .tif file.

I am curious if this situation is just an unusual quirk or something else.

Thanks again, and best!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I know tiffs work... sometimes there are squeaky things with rasters in a file geodatabase... and you can always copy to the gdb if you really must... but I organize everything in one project folder... so it is a quick zip and ship to archive if need be

Besides tiff's can be used in other applications whereas rasters in a gdb are not

PhilippWickey
New Contributor II

Those are some good things to consider and I had not thought of.

BUT, it also leads to a couple more questions for me (slightly different tangent here);

1) .tif vs .tiff, is there going to be a difference (for calculations) in which format I save it? (I suspect no is the answer since they are essentially the same thing, I just am not certain Arc reads them the same)

2) I have wondered about the benefit of a gdb. Am I OK/safe with saving rasters etc to a folder vs a gdb? I often do, and it does not seem to present an issue.

Also, thanks for being really helpful!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos