Select to view content in your preferred language

Point Solar Radiation

Jump to solution
03-23-2022 03:09 PM
snowrad
Emerging Contributor

Hi, I am new to the solar radiation toolbox and fairly new to GIS. I am trying to run the point solar radiation tool, but keep receiving 2 errors: 010327: Unable to set analysis window and 010067: Error in executing grid expression. I have my points and DEM raster mapped/projected in the same coordinate space and my points are within the raster. I tried multiple days with a lower (default) sky size and a single day with a higher sky size (2800) and still get the same errors. Any advice help would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RachaelHoover1
Emerging Contributor

Hi! Thanks for the response. I am actually trying to run Area Solar Radiation (I just made a separate post about it). I am running ArcMap 10.8.2. I checked the the workspace was a valid directory, and even changed it to a new directory to see if that would work, but no luck. I also made sure that I have write permissions to the folders. can you clarify what you mean but run with additional tools?   

0 Kudos
RyanDeBruyn
Esri Contributor

> can you clarify what you mean but run with additional tools? 

Thank you.  I was wondering if the same data works in other Spatial Analyst tools such as Slope or Hillshade? Or if you'd had success with Raster Solar using other data or test cases?

The error looks to point to an issue with the analysis environment during run time (extent, cellsize, spatial reference, etc) whether set explicitly by user or by default getting it from the input data. 

It is hard to know exactly without the data.  What is the spatial reference and cellsize? Perhaps you can share the data (you can message me directly) or if possible contact Esri Support if there are additional issues and need assistance?

-Ryan

0 Kudos