Imported Tables Not Displaying All Fields In Tools

11-09-2012 11:28 AM
ZacharyLehmann
New Contributor III
I'm sorry that was the best title I could come up with to describe what is going on! This problem is currently happening with the Reclass to Table tool in Spatial Analyst, but I've had this problem trying to join tables to shapefiles as well. I'm using Desktop 10.1 with the Spatial Analyst toolset.

Here is the situation. I have a raster with a value field and a count field, pretty generic. I also have an excel table with a value field and an index field. I'm trying to use the Reclass to Table tool to reclassify the raster using the values in the index field of the table. When I open the tool and setup everything, the index field does not show up as an option under the Output Value Field drop down box. I tried entering it manually but that didn't work either. The field shows up just fine if I open the table in ArcMap and the settings for each field in the table are identical. The same thing happens when I try to join the table to the raster. The index field just doesn't show up in the drop down box.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I've been pulling my hair out for hours now. Any help would be appreciated!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
Are there spaces or special characters in the field names of the Excel table?
0 Kudos
ZacharyLehmann
New Contributor III
There are no special characters in the field headers of values.
0 Kudos