'Extract multiple values to point in ArcGIS 10.4.1-ERROR'

11-03-2016 05:14 PM
MallikMahmud
New Contributor

I was trying to extract multiple value to point. It always shows generic (99999) error. I checked projections of all file (shape file and raster) and all are in same projection(LCC_2SP) with NAD83 datum. I tried reprojecting all files into another projections, nothing worked out yet. I tried 'sampling' tool as well. No luck so far. However, 'Extract values to point' tools works just fine with those raster individually. 

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

just to be sure that you know that this modifies the input point layer Extract Multi Values to Points—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

and if there were fields already in there with same name you should delete them and from the help "Shapefile formats have a maximum field limitation of 10 characters in length."

And lastly... you must make sure that you input shapefile is not a multipoint shapefile! since they aren't supported (check the multipart to single part tool if it is)

0 Kudos
MallikMahmud
New Contributor

I was using point shape files. It has only two fields (objectid and shape). Raster files name are less than 10 characters. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Now... you are using the newest version of ArcMap I hope... since if it is an error, you will have to track down the version where this was found and/or corrected!!! 

So assuming 10.4.1 see... Multipart To Singlepart—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

To confirm that you don't have a multipoint shapefile

You had better confirm that the inputs are all in the same coordinate system, by checking the layer properties... looking on screen isn't sufficient because of projection on the fly.

Barring that... your list of paths and filenames would help... you could move everything to a separate simple folder like   d:\check\tests

And if you aren't working on a local drive, rule that out as an issue as well

0 Kudos