Empirical Bayesian Kriging for binary data?

01-20-2015 03:26 AM
LouiseHill
New Contributor

Reposting due to lack of responses....

Hi there,

I have some occupancy data (presence/absence) which I want to interpolate; however, it is non-stationary so for that reason I suspect empirical Bayesian Kriging may be my best option. The consensus seems to be that Ordinary Kriging works fine with binary data, as long as you don't want to produce standard errors, but is this also the case with empirical Bayesian Kriging? The underlying maths is a bit beyond me to be able to work this out!

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
larryzhang
Occasional Contributor III

It is a good question, louise,

honestly, without checking your data, it is also challenging to offer the best answer to your question.

however, ESRI published a paper on empirical Bayesian Kriging. please refer to

http://www.esri.com/news/arcuser/1012/files/ebk.pdf

if more deep required, pls share your data and see if we can help more specifically

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Louise,

The reason for you lack of responses is because you posted the discussion to the open community. Although everyone can see it in the home page activity stream, it will get quickly pushed down as other questions are posted. I have moved your question to the Spatial Analyst‌ space. You will get better responses here are many users follow that particular space and are notified when you post there.

Thanks,

Timothy

0 Kudos
LouiseHill
New Contributor

Hi Timothy,

Many thanks for your help, I thought I had posted it to Spatial Analyst but obviously I didn't!

Best,

Louise