Select to view content in your preferred language

Cost-weighted territory allocation (XTENT model)

05-02-2023 04:49 PM
SadGradStudent
New Contributor

I am trying to employ a model in ArcMap 10.8.2 and am struggling (fairly new to ArcGis). I have a geographical region populated by several archaeological sites and I want to use a modified XTENT model to define political territories. It is essentially a cost-weighted Thiessen Polygon model. The formula is below:

Ixy = (Ay) ^a – (k x D)

I= measure of influence of center y at location x

A= area of center y, measured in m2

a= experimental constant that modifies importance of A

k= experimental constant that modifies importance of D

D= cost distance between location x and center y

For each location (raster cell), the formula should be calculated for each center and the center with the highest I value will be alloted that location.

Using a DEM basemap I created a slope raster, reclassified it to a value of effort, and then created a cost surface raster. Using the cost surface raster, I then created a cost distance raster for each center in order to use for D. However, I can't figure out how to proceed from here. Is there a way that I can have ArcMap calculate this formula for each raster cell in order to allot the location to a particular center? Other researchers have constructed XTENT models in excel and then modeled the clusters in ArcMap but I don't know how to go about doing that either.

I'd appreciate any insight, thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Marvaz
by
New Contributor

Good luck and let me know when you find out.

0 Kudos