Select to view content in your preferred language

Upload BA desktop projects/Windows XP (64-bit) issue

06-07-2010 04:52 PM
shrutidave
New Contributor
I am trying to upload business analyst 9.3.1 desktop projects on business analyst server 9.3.1 installed on Windows XP (64-bit) Professional edition.
I am able to connect to the server and able to run default map services. However, I am un able to upload desktop projects on BA server and it gives me an error:
-------Business Analyst Desktop Errors:-------
Unable to upload content to the server: The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.

I have performed all the additional settings required for upload/download projects required for a 64-bit edition.

Can anybody please guide me as to what is the cause/solution for this problem.
The ArcGIS Business Analyst Server supported platforms does not list windows xp (64-bit), however the install guide does mention some extra steps for a 64-bit edition. Is this a problem with uploading projects?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonyHowser
Esri Contributor
Hi. I'm sorry that you are having issues with uploading your Business Analyst Desktop projects to Business Analyst Server.

I have passed along your concerns to our developers and they asked me to gather some more information from you.  You may respond to these questions in the Forum however; you are more than welcome to send your responses to me directly at thowser/at/esri.com   (/at/=@) and we can handle this offline.

• Are you using BA Server 9.3.1 or 9.3.1 SP1?

• Is your BA Server instance on the same machine as your BA Desktop instance?

• What types of Business Analyst projects are you uploading?

• Please confirm that the ArcGISSOC account has read/write permissions for C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp (user is SOC, not the actual user)

Thanks for your patience.  We look forward to receiving your reply so we can help you in a speedy fashion.
Tony

I am trying to upload business analyst 9.3.1 desktop projects on business analyst server 9.3.1 installed on Windows XP (64-bit) Professional edition.
I am able to connect to the server and able to run default map services. However, I am un able to upload desktop projects on BA server and it gives me an error:
-------Business Analyst Desktop Errors:-------
Unable to upload content to the server: The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.

I have performed all the additional settings required for upload/download projects required for a 64-bit edition.

Can anybody please guide me as to what is the cause/solution for this problem.
The ArcGIS Business Analyst Server supported platforms does not list windows xp (64-bit), however the install guide does mention some extra steps for a 64-bit edition. Is this a problem with uploading projects?
0 Kudos
shrutidave
New Contributor
Hi,
In reponse to your queries, please note the following:
-  I am using BA server 9.3.1
- i m running BA server and BA desktop instances on the same machine!
- well my aim is to upload complex projects involving customized reports, but for a start if i try to upload a simple project involving only a study area and customers it doesn't get uploaded
- I have ensured that ArcGISSOC has permissions to read/write "Temp" but it doesn't help
0 Kudos