Select to view content in your preferred language

Tree Management Solution: the Create Assignment Form fails to collect location

Jump to solution
04-19-2023 02:50 PM
WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

Problem with the Survey Form used to create an assignment.  The form fails to allow for the collection of an address or allow for any manual field entry.  The form does not work from within the Tree Management Center App or the Survey123 App.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Both of those sound like good options to me. You could calculate/populate a value (even a placeholder value) into the fulladdr field on the Trees layer. Location is a required field in a Workforce Assignment so having a value allows the person using Workforce to quickly assign assignments without needing to populate that value themselves. 

You could also configure the form to allow manual entry of the location question. The first option may be simplest for the end user of the form since the x,y map location is being passed from the Tree. If you do decide to configure the form, be sure to you se Survey123 Connect. The form was published at Survey123 Connect 3.12 so there may be issues publishing from a new version. 

I hope that helps! Would be happy to connect on a quick call in the near future if you'd like some help sorting through your options. 

View solution in original post

WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

@MikeDagle Mike- thanks again for the advice.  It was a pretty simple fix just populating that required field.  I think I can move forward now with using this Solution successfully. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Hi @WalterFeurer,

Would you be able to share a few screenshots of what you're seeing? 

The Create Tree Assignment form is designed to be accesses from the the Trees page of the Tree Management Center. Select a tree, then click the Create Assignment button in the information section. When doing this, the x,y location (the location of the resulting Workforce Assignment) should be passed from the tree. A Workforce Assignment feature also has a text Location field which by default is passed from the Tree as well. 

With a few screenshots, hopefully we can figure out the problem. 

Thanks!

Mike

0 Kudos
WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

The Tree Request Internal Form works as you describe by either manually entering an address or using the locator map to select a location.  But I see no selection option on the Create Tree Assignment Form.  I have tried this in the mobile app also and have the same issue.

WalterFeurer_0-1681993454731.png

WalterFeurer_1-1681993510395.png

0 Kudos
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Thanks, Walter. The Create Tree Assignment form is expecting the the Location question to be answered by the Tree feature's fulladdr (Nearest Address) field. That value is passed to the form when its accessed through the Tree Management Center. It's a read only question question on the form because, as configured, that value is passed from the Tree. The form isn't configured to be accessed using the Survey123 app but rather in the browser. 

0 Kudos
WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

Mike-

Thanks so much for the help.  So I am using existing tree data with only x & y points.  Are you saying for this form I would need to first enter data into the nearest address field of the Tree Feature Layer?  Or should I work to modify the location field in the form itself?  It would seem best to connect to the exact location of the tree and not an address or in the event of a park or greenspace area.  The Tree Request Internal Form allows for a manual entry.  I am using these Forms through the Tree Management Center App.  Works great so far minus this hiccup.  

0 Kudos
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Both of those sound like good options to me. You could calculate/populate a value (even a placeholder value) into the fulladdr field on the Trees layer. Location is a required field in a Workforce Assignment so having a value allows the person using Workforce to quickly assign assignments without needing to populate that value themselves. 

You could also configure the form to allow manual entry of the location question. The first option may be simplest for the end user of the form since the x,y map location is being passed from the Tree. If you do decide to configure the form, be sure to you se Survey123 Connect. The form was published at Survey123 Connect 3.12 so there may be issues publishing from a new version. 

I hope that helps! Would be happy to connect on a quick call in the near future if you'd like some help sorting through your options. 

WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

@MikeDagle Mike- thanks again for the advice.  It was a pretty simple fix just populating that required field.  I think I can move forward now with using this Solution successfully. 

0 Kudos
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

@WalterFeurer Great to hear. Good luck using the Solution!

0 Kudos