Multiple Routes Creation

Jump to solution
04-17-2012 01:49 PM
RichardCornell
New Contributor
Is there some quick way of creating multiple routes at one time? Ideally, I want to calculate--and display--separate drive time distances, from one starting point to multiple ending points. Similar to the Spider Diagram, but without all the steps of setting up 'stores' and 'customers'.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Jason,

I am looking to display the routes--in addition to the calculations.

Thanks,
Richard

Richard,

I would advise looking into the Network Analyst extension which all Business Analyst Desktop user's also receive licensed.  It appears that the Closest facility analysis would also create vector routes.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Closest_facility_analysis/00470000004n...

Regards,
Jason R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Is there some quick way of creating multiple routes at one time? Ideally, I want to calculate--and display--separate drive time distances, from one starting point to multiple ending points. Similar to the Spider Diagram, but without all the steps of setting up 'stores' and 'customers'.

Thanks!

Richard,

The Proximity Analysis (Locator Report) does the same type of point to point calculations without having to define stores/customers assignments.  Are you looking for the drive time/distance option or more actually displaying point to point routes visually?

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
RichardCornell
New Contributor
Jason,

Thanks,
Richard
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Jason,

Thanks,
Richard

Richard,

I would advise looking into the Network Analyst extension which all Business Analyst Desktop user's also receive licensed.  It appears that the Closest facility analysis would also create vector routes.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Closest_facility_analysis/00470000004n...

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
RichardCornell
New Contributor
Jason,

That is what I am looking for. Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos