Failed to deploy Water Outage

11-16-2021 02:46 AM
AileYG
by
New Contributor III

I deployed Water Outage solution first for testing, reviewing all the components, and I tried to load some data, but it was not the best way so thought I could just delete it all from the portal and deploy it again...

But now I can't get it to deploy again, I keep getting the same error "Failed to create Feature Service ___: Create Service error: Failed to create the service 'Hosted/___.... (see screenshot). (I have also tried unchecking "Use Existing Items In the Organization")

water_outage_error.PNG

I have read that it is problably because it has been deployed once (my bad)... but how can I make sure that everything is deleted so I can deploy it again?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi @AileYG,

When the Solution Deployment Addin for ArcGIS Pro lays down content, it puts it all in the same location. If you set a folder, everything should be in there. If you don't set a location everything goes into your root folder in the portal. You may be able to simply sort the content by date created and find the items that you may have missed. 

My next suggestion will sound silly, but try closing and reopening ArcGIS Pro. When the addin loads, it connects to your portal and sees what content you have. It is possible that the addin thinks the content exists and is trying to use it. 

If you still can't deploy, I'd suggest searching your portal for the item listed in the error (Water_Service_area_9e3b....). The addin automatically uses other content within the portal, so it could be trying to use a view of something you may not own. 

If at this point, you still can't find the content, I'd suggest reaching out to tech support. They'll have a few more tricks to finding the layer we can't. 

Andy Shoemaker
AileYG
by
New Contributor III

Hi @AndyShoemaker ,

Thanks for your suggestions, I have deleted everything that was in the folder where it was deployed, and of course closing ArcGIS Pro, restarting the Portal... that did not help.

I think it might be trying to use other content that I did not own, as you said. The problem is that, it is an old and broken hosted feature layer, that we have not being able to delete (yet). Hope it works again once we find a way to delete that feature layer.

0 Kudos
AileYG
by
New Contributor III

After deleting the mentioned feature layer, I can still NOT deploy Water Outage. But the error now is a different one... 

water_outage_error4.PNG

@AndyShoemaker  do you have any other suggestions about what I could look after?

0 Kudos
CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

@AileYG  Were you ever able to figure out this issue?  I am trying to deploy a solution that was previously deployed by a different user and I am getting the same error message.

0 Kudos