Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 002948 in Streetlight Management Dashboard

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Hans_I-4
New Contributor II

When trying to Append Cabinets in the Streetlight Management Dashboard, I'm getting Error 002948. 

Our streetlights were previously Polygons that I converted to Points using the Feature to Points tool.

Based on this post, I guessed the error was possibly related to the M and Z values. I set those to [Output has M values: Disabled] and [Output has Z values: Disabled]. I am still having Error 002948 saying "The shape type of  is not the same as that of previously entered datasets."

This is giving me a hard stop and not allowing me to Run the Append tool task.

Is this a bug, or does it have to do with the M and Z values, or is it due to something entirely different?

Screenshot 2024-07-02 161815.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Eaton
Esri Contributor

Hi Hans

When the solution is deployed the Layers in the ArcPro project are disconnected.  They are need to be updated to point to the TrafficControlDevices hosted feature layer that was created when you deployed the solution.  The add layers task under the getting started folder should walk you through the process of connecting these layers.  Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Andrew_Eaton_0-1720022565334.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Andrew_Eaton
Esri Contributor

Hi Hans,

Would you be able to provide me with a sample of your data.  If you could send me the original polygons as well as the converted sample that would help me track down the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Hans_I-4
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your prompt response!

After some more research, I think the polygon conversion is not the problem. I tried to append using "native" points from a different shapefile, and got the same result. However, I created a Feature Class in the project's geodatabase and was able to append without any issues.

Digging further, when I looked at the properties of the Poles, Cabinets, and Streetlights, they point to a non-existent "C:\Data\TrafficControlDevices.gdb" file instead of the project geodatabase. See screenshot. Could that be the issue? I downloaded the the TrafficControlDevices feature layer, and it points to https://services.arcgis.com/...arcgis/rest/services/TrafficControlDevi.../FeatureServer, so how do I change the property of the Streetlights Task to point to the Feature Service Feature Class instead of the File Geodatabase Feature Class? I tried pasting the address through the Set Data Source... button, but it did not work.

Hans_I4_0-1720015600001.png

0 Kudos
Andrew_Eaton
Esri Contributor

Hi Hans

When the solution is deployed the Layers in the ArcPro project are disconnected.  They are need to be updated to point to the TrafficControlDevices hosted feature layer that was created when you deployed the solution.  The add layers task under the getting started folder should walk you through the process of connecting these layers.  Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Andrew_Eaton_0-1720022565334.png

0 Kudos
Hans_I-4
New Contributor II

Rookie mistake... 

0 Kudos
Hans_I-4
New Contributor II

Andrew,

I was able to load my Streetlights Points by opening the TrafficControlDevices - Feature Layer (hosted) in ArcGIS Pro and adding lights to the Streetlights Feature Service Feature Class using the Append tool. This is not in accordance with the directions of the Task, so I will follow up if there are further issues.

2024-07-03 (4).png

2024-07-03 (3).png

0 Kudos