Select to view content in your preferred language

Citizen Problem Reporter Hanging on Submit Report

Jump to solution
06-19-2023 09:07 AM
BryantDevillier
New Contributor

My community runs the Citizen Problem Reporter to handle reports of issues in our community. However, last week, an error has occurred that has not resolved and I can't determine the cause of.

When someone attempts to submit a report, the Reporter will hang on the three bar loading screen and not progress, no matter how long it sits there. As far as I know, nothing changed between when it was working and when it was not working. All prior data is still submitted, and are visible in the map and the manager, but attempting to add a new report causes the hang.

This seems like an issue that could have many different possible causes, so I'm not sure where to start. I've checked the actual map and attempted to reconfigure the app, and neither seem to be the issue from my checking.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@BryantDevillier, I was able to reproduce the issue. It seems to have started with the ArcGIS Online release last week. We didn't change anything to the application so we are looking into the cause of the issue now to see how we can resolve.

I was able to narrow down that it seems to be specific to the Feature Layer editing setting I helped you with in a previous community post:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-solutions-questions/modifying-citizen-problem-reporter-s-visibl...

When I change the setting 'What features can editors see' on the feature layer Requests_reporter to 'Editors can see all features' the app is able to load with no issues. I will reply back when we have an update on this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@BryantDevillier, this issue was resolved last night in ArcGIS Online. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@BryantDevillier, I was able to reproduce the issue. It seems to have started with the ArcGIS Online release last week. We didn't change anything to the application so we are looking into the cause of the issue now to see how we can resolve.

I was able to narrow down that it seems to be specific to the Feature Layer editing setting I helped you with in a previous community post:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-solutions-questions/modifying-citizen-problem-reporter-s-visibl...

When I change the setting 'What features can editors see' on the feature layer Requests_reporter to 'Editors can see all features' the app is able to load with no issues. I will reply back when we have an update on this issue.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@BryantDevillier, this issue was resolved last night in ArcGIS Online. 

0 Kudos
MT_JenAmes
New Contributor III

I don't know if I've just had bad timing with the most recent AGOL update and when I deployed Citizen Problem Reporter, but I'm having a similar issue. At this point, I've deleted and deployed the solution 4 times. I've been trying to customize things a little bit to our needs, but somewhere along the way, every time I get the never-ending loading bar, and have no idea what's causing it. Sometimes the loading bar does go away, but then the section to enter a new report is just a big gray box.

Rayn
by
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue.  I have changed the edit settings of the report feature layer to many different configurations but i still am not able to submit a report.  It just goes to the loading screen and stalls.  Its worth noting I did not have this issue in Enterprise.

0 Kudos
Rayn
by
New Contributor III

FYI i was able to fix by removing attribute expressions from my popup.  Is this a known limitation for the crowdsource reporter app?

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@Rayn, were you editing the web map in the Classic Map Viewer or the New Map Viewer? The existing Crowdsource Reporter app is not compatible with all capabilities in the New Map Viewer and its possible settings applied and saved in the web map could cause this issue. I would recommend using the Classic Map Viewer to make any changes to the web map.

0 Kudos