Select to view content in your preferred language

BA 10.1 Market Penetration issue

Jump to solution
02-13-2013 02:04 PM
shrutidave1
New Contributor
Hello,
I have a BA10.1 premium installed with  2011/2016 data
I am trying to run the market penetration tool with the SF-customers data shipped with tutorial data.
The inputs are :
Which Layer contains your customer: sf_custs (from tutorial data)
Select base Layer: Block Groups
Where are the total market counts for each area? : 2011 Total Population 30-34 (BA data)
The tool attempts to initialize the process and abruptly stops and gives me this message
"There are no analysis areas in this extent".
Change in the extent of the map makes no change.

If I input same variables in BA 10 with 2011/2016 data the tool runs fine and gives me a Market Penetration layer.

Any suggesstions/ help is appreciated!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello,
I am trying to run the market penetration tool with the SF-customers data shipped with tutorial data.
The inputs are :
Where are the total market counts for each area? : 2011 Total Population 30-34 (BA data)
The tool attempts to initialize the process and abruptly stops and gives me this message

If I input same variables in BA 10 with 2011/2016 data the tool runs fine and gives me a Market Penetration layer.

I am reproducing the same behavior you are encountering.  Actually, I realize I've run across this before and might be a known issue/existing bug.   And double checking there is one (NIM087100- If a Description Field is not specified for the Market Penetration in the wizard an error is generated: ???There are no analysis areas in this extent.' ).

The work around is to make sure you set in the Description drop down when selecting Block Groups to 'Name' field which I confirmed will work.

Regards,
Jason R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello,
The inputs are :

I am reproducing the same behavior you are encountering.  Actually, I realize I've run across this before and might be a known issue/existing bug.   And double checking there is one (NIM087100- If a Description Field is not specified for the Market Penetration in the wizard an error is generated: ???There are no analysis areas in this extent.' ).

The work around is to make sure you set in the Description drop down when selecting Block Groups to 'Name' field which I confirmed will work.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos