Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS solution to highlight Long-Range Transportation Plans

05-30-2024 10:08 AM
GarthHoxsie-Quinn
New Contributor III

Good afternoon all,

I am seeking an ArcGIS solution for our long-range transportation plan. These are updated every 5 years and are focused on roads, bridges, public transit, bike paths, sidewalks, ports, etc. We also try to engage the public as much as possible and the ability to get feedback using some of these solutions seems promising. Initially, the Active Transportation solution caught my eye as one that could be edited to fit this need, but that may be beyond my ability. Is anyone out there using a solution in this manner? I may pitch this as a "solutions" idea too.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi Garth, 

We don't have anything specifically for transportation planning, however we do have a few solutions around planning, tracking, and management. Each of these can be extended and tweaked to fit your needs. 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/solutions/?searchTerm=Capital&sortField=relevance&sortOrder=desc#home

The solutions here may tacitly touch on what it seems you are going for. The Capital Project Tracking and Planning solutions help create long term plans and provide transparency of the process, and the Roadway Management solution helps track the roadways in your jurisdiction and plan maintenance activities. 

As a heads up, we are currently in the process of updating some of these solutions to take advantage of new capabilities in ArcGIS Online. So, there will be new/improved workflows and functionality coming.

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos