Address Data Management Issues

Jump to solution
03-06-2023 05:48 AM
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

Major frustrations since Friday with this solution. We have been using this for over a year with no issues, but starting on Friday we got the error message in the first attached photo when entering an address range for a road centerline. The issue is with the Validation Status attribute rule. It says there is no centerline field, but as you can see in the second photo field is there. I suspected something had gone corrupt and from my initial deployment. I had kept the sample database so my plan was just to append the centerlines into that one. When I tried to delete the sample files I got the same error. This was in an untouched database, so I don't think anything would be corrupt. Finally, I was going to download the solution again and start over, but the .exe file is saying that the solutions deployment tool is incompatible with the latest version of ArcGIS Pro. Is anyone experiencing similar issues? 

Update - deployed a fresh solution in portal and downloaded a brand new ArcGIS Pro Project that is included with the deployment. Got the same error in the sample database. Something is seriously jacked up with this solution. Right now the only workaround is to disable the attribute rule causing the error. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 7.43.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-06 at 7.44.13 AM.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasonBritton1, did you happen to update ArcGIS Pro to 3.1?  Unfortunately there was a change in 3.1 that impacted the attribute rules in the Address Data Management solution. I describe this issue and how to resolve the issue in the rules below:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-solutions-blog/address-data-management-solution-errors-in-arcgi...

In regards to the solutions deployment tool in Pro, we have moved away from this tool for deploying solutions and are now using the ArcGIS Solutions app in Online and Enterprise. You can access and deploy the Address Data Management solution into ArcGIS Online via the link below:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/solutions/index.html?gallery=true&solution=0a0a52e43cf44347884d2a4a79bfd...

The issue with 3.1 will still occur in the current version of the solution, at the end of this month we are releasing an update that will include the fixes to the rules. However, if you follow the steps in the blog post you can address the issue in your current deployment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasonBritton1, did you happen to update ArcGIS Pro to 3.1?  Unfortunately there was a change in 3.1 that impacted the attribute rules in the Address Data Management solution. I describe this issue and how to resolve the issue in the rules below:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-solutions-blog/address-data-management-solution-errors-in-arcgi...

In regards to the solutions deployment tool in Pro, we have moved away from this tool for deploying solutions and are now using the ArcGIS Solutions app in Online and Enterprise. You can access and deploy the Address Data Management solution into ArcGIS Online via the link below:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/solutions/index.html?gallery=true&solution=0a0a52e43cf44347884d2a4a79bfd...

The issue with 3.1 will still occur in the current version of the solution, at the end of this month we are releasing an update that will include the fixes to the rules. However, if you follow the steps in the blog post you can address the issue in your current deployment.

0 Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info. Is there a YouTube video that has a walkthrough of using the solution in Portal/AGOL? Our addressing coordinator is not well versed in GIS and is only trained on how to use the ArcGIS Pro version. 

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

You will still use ArcGIS Pro to manage addresses. You are just deploying the solution to AGOL or your Enterprise. It will create several items including a Address Data Management desktop application template item, that you can download and is a zip file containing the Pro project and file geodatabase.

0 Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks

0 Kudos