Select to view content in your preferred language

Does ESRI's Lead Service Line Inventory solution match new EPA guidance?

08-31-2022 09:37 AM
COSPNWGuy
Occasional Contributor III

On August 10th, EPA held a nationwide webinar on the lead and copper rule revisions (LCRR). Included was the data schema that should be followed. ESRI's solution looks close but is not the same. While the EPA does NOT require the exact schema be used, I think it would be a very good idea to. Please consider matching the EPA data schema in the solution. The schema presented is attached to this idea, or can be found on EPA's Lead and Copper page including a recording of the August 10th presentation. In the spreadsheet, the schema is on tab "Detailed Inventory". Since this is mandatory for every water provider with reporting deadlines, time is of the essence. Thanks.

23 Comments
StaceyRoberts

I exported the service line feature layer to a GDB to add the fields to my existing layer schema.  However the pick list/domain values do not come across.  Is this an option or a limitation?

AlexKabak

Hi Stacey,

I couldn't replicate your issue. My export includes the domains and dropdown values. I took the following steps:

1. In ArcGIS Online, I chose Export Data -> Export to FGDB for the ServiceLine feature service.
  2. I downloaded the FGDB and unzipped the zip file
  3. In ArcGIS Pro, I added the newly unzipped FGDB
  4. After expanding the FGDB, I right-clicked the ServiceLine feature class and clicked Data Design -> Fields
  5. The domains are assigned to the appropriate fields
  6. To double-check everything was correct, I opened the ServiceLine table and ensured I had a picklist of values to choose from

AlexKabak_0-1703779497485.png

StaceyRoberts

Thanks @AlexKabak. I did use an enterprise geodatabase. I did find the domains, but they were not applied to the fields, so I only had to go through and add them.  An extra step, but better than building from scratch. Thanks!