Version 10.2.4

10-28-2014 09:54 AM
BjørnarSundsbø
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I was wondering when we can expect the release of version 10.2.4 of the WPF SDK. I'm waiting for a fix to a memory leak related to multiple layers with rapid navigation. I was told would be fixed in this release, as well as an issue with MapScale not being updated, which I'm also hoping will be included.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

We plan to release the WPF SDK towards the end of this year (currently we do intend to label it 10.2.4 but that is subject to change).

We are currently working on the tiled layer clean-up under rapid navigation issue which you reported for the WPF API and are coordinating with tech support to ensure it fixes the problem when used in the original reproducer app you provided.

Please can you provide forum links or bug references to the MapScale issues and I will check their status.

Cheers

Mike

BjørnarSundsbø
Occasional Contributor

Almost live chat here

I don't have an issue id for the mapscale issue, but the forum link is here https://community.esri.com/message/421680?sr=search&searchId=0e456c3e-f133-4b5e-8c1a-e98222ce723a&se...

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

We do have a candidate fix for the MapScale issue but it is awaiting full verification therefore I cannot yet guarantee this fix will be included in the next release.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
BjørnarSundsbø
Occasional Contributor

While you perform tiled layer clean-up, is it possible to provide virtual methods that can make it possible to cancel generation of any pending tiles when a tile is cancelled? So whenever leaving an extend when the tile is no longer relevant, I am notified that the tile is no longer pending? Assuming that touches on the changes you are doing already related to the navigation issue, of course.

0 Kudos