How do i query layers using the ESRI ArcGIS IOS4 App from the Apple App Store?

07-15-2010 12:06 PM
davidwray
New Contributor II
is it possible to query layers using the out of the box app from the apple app store? What is the best way to do this?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
ShaenSomerlot
New Contributor
I keep running into the same error when trying to execute a query on the ipad 2.  I have created the query in arc gis explorer online.  It performs as expected there.  When I open the map on the ipad the query is shown under search.  I try searching for the same thing I did in explorer online and it gives me this error.

"Unable to perform query.  Check the syntax and try again.  Unauthorized access."

What am I doing wrong?

I am running the query on a feature service I created through arcgis online for organizations.

Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you share the map link in this thread or invite mobileios to a arcgis.com group which contains this map? I would like to take a look at your query and see if I can figure out what is causing this error to popup.

Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos
LisaHuggins
New Contributor III
I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if there was ever a resolution.  I am having the same problem getting a query to return results on my iPad2.  It works fine on iPhone 4S.
0 Kudos
marilynGinberg
New Contributor
I am running into a predefined query issue as well - My query which works as expected on ArcGIS.com and my android phone.  The return results of the query fill the entire screen and I cannot figure out how to get back to the map to view all the return results of the query highlighted on the map itself.  Going back to the map resets the query results and nothing is selected.  I feel like this should be very easy.
0 Kudos