App crashes during synchronization+saveFeature

08-25-2015 10:56 AM
KristofferStenersen
Occasional Contributor

Hi, we´re running iOS Runtime SDK 10.2.4, and our app is terminating in

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type Esri_runtimecore::Geodatabase::geodatabase_error: std::exception

thrown by

Esri_runtimecore::Geodatabase::Sqlite_database::execute_sql(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&) + 500

I believe this crash is caused by saving/adding new features while synchonizing the agsgdb-geodatabase.

I´ve modified one of the samples to repro the issue (go offline, add a feature (a save-loop i started), synchonize).

Is this a non-supported scenario?

Thanks,

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for reporting. We will look into this.
Can you post the full backtrace?

How are you running into in in your app? Is the user trying to edit while synchronization is in progress?

PS - Can you try with the latest 10.2.5 release and let us know if the problem persists?

0 Kudos
KristofferStenersen
Occasional Contributor

I verified that the issue persist on 10.2.5.

You´ll find the full backtrace in the comment on the modified sample (linked above).

In our app, we don´t have the concept of switching between online and offline. The user is "always offline" (in terms of creating/editing features). We trigger agsgdb-sync in the background at regular intervals, so yes, it does happen that the user perform edits while sync is fired. 

We don´t see this crash too often now, but we´re working on adding a new feature that continuously logs accelerometer data from the device, making us more vunerable for this issue.

Thanks,

Kristoffer

0 Kudos