Select to view content in your preferred language

App Authentication with secure service

06-07-2011 03:53 PM
SpencerLace
Occasional Contributor
Hi - I'm using the ArcGIS for iOS App (not the API) to connect to our server hosting a mobile web map, which has some secure services.  The "everyone" services appear in the app just fine.  The secure services do prompt the user for authentication, and I enter the proper credentials (that work on the rest endpoint in a browser) but it continuously prompts for username and password.  If I cancel it prompts for the next secure service.  Eventually, I see the map with unsecured service(s) and the Info view shows the entire list of services in the mobile map.  But I don't actually get the data of course.  What could be wrong with my security configuration? I'm using ArcGIs Server 10 SP1 and iOS APP 1.8.5
Thanks,
0 Kudos
12 Replies
PaulLohr
Frequent Contributor
I logged a support request on the issue. Thanks anyways.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
To enable/disable SSL, you must make changes in the web.config files under rest, services and tokens directory. Please refer help here...under topic "Secure connection (HTTPS/SSL) required for Token Service".

Also, please note that the self signed certificates are not supported with ArcGIS for iOS API.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Frequent Contributor
Very much appreciated, Nimesh.
0 Kudos