Need to buy the licence key

08-26-2019 08:45 AM
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

For my app to go live and to remove watermarks on the maps I need to buy licence key and customer care has suggested me to buy Basic level run-time licence key. I have already one EDN subscriotion with, can't I use the key [ Lite level ]came with this EDN licence !!  Customer care have suggested me the option with pack of 50 in numbers, for every 50 installation, a new pack. This is not feasible here..

I am sure there will be distribution of keys that would allow me to use it for n number of installation, can you direct me to proper detailing of this or sales reference !

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

In short, there are two aspects you need to consider:

1. Runtime capabilities (Lite, Basic, Standard or Advanced):

You can certainly use the Lite key that comes with your Developer account, provided that it enables the functionality that you need. See Licensing your ArcGIS Runtime App for more details (including the FAQ). The primary difference between Lite and Basic is the ability to edit non-public data, to create and edit Portal content, and to use the new Navigation APIs.

2. App deployment plan (Essentials, Builder, etc.):

If you will be generating revenue in your app (e.g. through charging for the app in an App Store, or through in-app advertising) then you should upgrade your free "Essentials Plan" Developer account to a "Builder Plan". See Pricing | ArcGIS for Developers.