Android arcgis samples files

Jump to solution
01-24-2016 12:20 AM
tawfiqdawod
New Contributor II

In android arcgis samples: Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-android: ArcGIS... - GitHub

the code such as RoutingAndGeocoding.java.

uses some files like: SanDiego.tpk, SanDiego_StreetAddress.loc and RuntimeSanDiego.geodatabase

from where I can bring these files ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShellyGill1
Esri Contributor

As mentioned in the Readme file (arcgis-runtime-samples-android/README.md at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-android · GitHub ​) you can get the sample data that works with this specific sample by downloading from ArcGIS Online:

1. Download Basemap & Routing/Geocoding data from ArcGIS Online.

If you want to use your own data, you can generate TPKs and offline geodatabases yourself - you can do this either on your device (services pattern) or using ArcGIS Desktop if you have that (Desktop pattern). I would start by reading this topic:

Create an offline map—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android | ArcGIS for Developers

Hope that helps,

Shelly

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tawfiqdawod
New Contributor II

and I want to get files for different region !

0 Kudos
ShellyGill1
Esri Contributor

As mentioned in the Readme file (arcgis-runtime-samples-android/README.md at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-android · GitHub ​) you can get the sample data that works with this specific sample by downloading from ArcGIS Online:

1. Download Basemap & Routing/Geocoding data from ArcGIS Online.

If you want to use your own data, you can generate TPKs and offline geodatabases yourself - you can do this either on your device (services pattern) or using ArcGIS Desktop if you have that (Desktop pattern). I would start by reading this topic:

Create an offline map—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android | ArcGIS for Developers

Hope that helps,

Shelly