Export roadway network (specified date)

Jump to solution
02-09-2022 12:39 PM
fkhan242
New Contributor III

Trying to see what the best approach would be in trying to export the LRS network from a specific point in time (month/day), so I can copy to a file GDB and then copy back to an Enterprise GDB. 

Attempted to use the Export Network tool, but that didn't seem to work. 

Working in R&H 10.7.1.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

Export Network is exporting out the changes to your system for other applications.

I don’t think it will work the way you might be thinking as the brains of the routes will be messed up but a way might be to try using the TVD to pick you date and time.

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.7/extensions/roads-and-highways/viewing-events-based-on-time...
Then export as you would any other data layer but I would wait for one of the esri folks to comment as I think you will not like the results and the mess will be harder to fix afterwards.

View solution in original post

fkhan242
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. I tried the Set Date Filter in ArcMap and then exported the Network layer, but it's just exported as a feature class in the file GDB instead of an LRS enabled layer, which is what happens when I copy/paste the Network layer and the RH system tables from an Enterprise GDB to a file GDB.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RyanKoschatzky

Export Network is exporting out the changes to your system for other applications.

I don’t think it will work the way you might be thinking as the brains of the routes will be messed up but a way might be to try using the TVD to pick you date and time.

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.7/extensions/roads-and-highways/viewing-events-based-on-time...
Then export as you would any other data layer but I would wait for one of the esri folks to comment as I think you will not like the results and the mess will be harder to fix afterwards.

fkhan242
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. I tried the Set Date Filter in ArcMap and then exported the Network layer, but it's just exported as a feature class in the file GDB instead of an LRS enabled layer, which is what happens when I copy/paste the Network layer and the RH system tables from an Enterprise GDB to a file GDB.

0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you provide more context for what you mean by LRS enabled layer?  Are you trying to export a layer file or do something else?

0 Kudos
RyanKoschatzky

Sounds like the poster is trying recover the LRS network back to a last known time period without reloading a saved copy of the exported network to match said date and time.

Which in theory might work with other static data sets but the dependencies in R&H make something like that very unlikely if you want to make edits after the fact. R&H has a set of tools designed to work with it and doesn’t play well with other core esri tools and functionality. 

0 Kudos
fkhan242
New Contributor III

The goal is to use a version of the LRS network with the HPMS application where network edits were not performed beyond a specific date (10/1/2021). This will just need to be a static version. I want to then export this dated LRS network to an enterprise GDB (outside of the production GDB). 

Thus far, I've used the Set Date Filter option in ArcMap to set a specific date of 10/1/2021 (see attached). SetDateFilter.png

Next step involved exporting this Roadway Network layer in ArcMap to a file GDB. Additionally, the similarly filtered calibration point and route intersection layers were exported as well. After this, I cleared the records in the Roadway network layer and then loaded the records from the Roadway network layer in the file GDB (dated 10/1/2021). I'm not sure if this workflow will work for this purpose, but I'm open to everyone's feedback.

Thanks, all.

0 Kudos
RyanKoschatzky

"The goal is to use a version of the LRS network with the HPMS application where network edits were not performed beyond a specific date (10/1/2021). This will just need to be a static version." 

Doesn't help now but it might in the future, we export sde at our quarterly cutoff to save a static version. So all our submitted edits have to happen before then otherwise it goes into next year's submittal.