Select to view content in your preferred language

I need help projecting NAD83 (2011) from stateplane to lat lon

Jump to solution
06-18-2015 09:24 AM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to project coordinates in an asp.net page by calling a geometry service through the rest api. I am using the geometry service at "http://tasks.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer/project". I want to convert from stateplane x,y to latitude, longitude.

Here is a screen shot:

Am I doing something wrong? is it possible to project from NAD_1983_2011_StatePlane...(103180) to GCS_NAD_1983_2011 (6318)?

Thanks for any help!

Janice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Janice, you certainly should be able to. I'm not able to get 103180 nor 6318 to work, but was able to get 3690  and 4759 (the same but on NSRS2007) to work. When I checked the home page, it said the version was 10.04. You would need to find or create a geometry service that using a later version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenRadcliff
New Contributor III

I looked into this issue about a year ago and at that time there wasn't a good translation from the 2011 datum to just about anything.  There were some other discussion threads that talked about this but I would recommend you contact ESRI directly to see where things are with this.  You might also look at the National Geodetic Survey website:

National Geodetic Survey - Home

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

Melita Kennedy​, got anything on this?

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Janice, you certainly should be able to. I'm not able to get 103180 nor 6318 to work, but was able to get 3690  and 4759 (the same but on NSRS2007) to work. When I checked the home page, it said the version was 10.04. You would need to find or create a geometry service that using a later version.

0 Kudos