Select to view content in your preferred language

Maintaining specific spacing between features (skatch halo) during editing using ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
04-07-2021 01:57 AM
Labels (2)
PaoloPensalfini
New Contributor III

I need to maintain a specific spacing/distance between features during editing, i.e. using an halo as editing-support.

Basically I'am looking for an equivalent tool/setting to ArcMap 10.x's "sketch halo" (in the "Production Mapping" toolbar) so that I could also approximately understand buildings's area (using a satellite image in background) during editing (here an example: https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/extensions/production-mapping/editing-with-a-sketch-halo...).
How can I do it with ArcGIS Pro?
Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @PaoloPensalfini 

At this time there are no plans to add this feature to Production Mapping in Pro.  There is an existing item on the ArcGIS Idea page where you might add your vote and comments.

Ground Distance Template Cursor - Esri Community

In the meantime, you might experiment with the editing grid for a spacing reference. 

The reference grid - ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Regards,

Bo

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@PaoloPensalfini I moved this to Production Mapping

I don't see any reference to it here, but Production Mapping has an Ideas section where you could post an idea if no one else chimes in with an oversight on my part.

... sort of retired...
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @PaoloPensalfini 

At this time there are no plans to add this feature to Production Mapping in Pro.  There is an existing item on the ArcGIS Idea page where you might add your vote and comments.

Ground Distance Template Cursor - Esri Community

In the meantime, you might experiment with the editing grid for a spacing reference. 

The reference grid - ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Regards,

Bo

Tags (2)