Tools disabled on certain desktops

Jump to solution
03-23-2018 06:35 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

I am running into a weird issue where the ArcPro tools I have created work fine on most desktops, but on others they will appear on the toolbars, but are either immediately 'grayed' out or will 'gray out' after clicking on them to use them (and not actually work).  Has anyone else experienced this??

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianBulla

Hi,

So the desktops in question had ArcPro re-installed and now all is fine.  Not quite sure what our IT department did differently, but the tools now work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

I have seen this happen when the namespace declared in daml doesn't match the namespace in my tool/button class file.  Could that be an issue for you?

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProGuide-Diagnosing-ArcGIS-Pro-Add-ins#namespace-mismatc... 

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Hi Uma,

I do not think it is an issue with the namespace.  What it might be is an 'ArcPro Install' issue.  This one particular user seems to have a different setup than everyone else, so we will do a complete re-install and get her using her ArcGIS Online login for the licence and see if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Hi,

So the desktops in question had ArcPro re-installed and now all is fine.  Not quite sure what our IT department did differently, but the tools now work.

0 Kudos