How can I browse the API documentation offline?

Jump to solution
02-09-2017 04:48 AM
ChristopheAndrey1
New Contributor II

As a developer using the ArcGIS Pro SDK, I find myself often browsing through the online API reference. Even with my best internet connection, it takes 1-3 seconds for each page to appear. However, I am often working with a weak internet connection, and then I have to wait several seconds after each mouse click until the desired page appears. When I am exploring the API in the search of "some method that would fit my need", this is very tedious. 

I come originally from the Java development. There, every API reference can be downloaded in a Zip file and then browsed on one's computer. I would expect the same level of comfort from Esri. Am I asking for too much?

PS: I tried mirroring the API reference with wget but somehow what wget downloaded was barely readable at the end. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christophe

You can download the the ArcGIS Pro SDK chm file and then use it on your computer.

From this page (https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/releases ) scroll to the bottom of the ArcGIS Pro 1.4 SDK for .NET section and then click to download the ArcGISProAPIReference.chm file.

Thanks

Uma

ArcGIS Pro SDK Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisStayte
New Contributor II

You can download the references at this Git-Hub Link. It is at the bottom of the page. Release ArcGIS Pro 1.4 SDK for .NET · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk · GitHub 

UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christophe

You can download the the ArcGIS Pro SDK chm file and then use it on your computer.

From this page (https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/releases ) scroll to the bottom of the ArcGIS Pro 1.4 SDK for .NET section and then click to download the ArcGISProAPIReference.chm file.

Thanks

Uma

ArcGIS Pro SDK Team

MaxMax2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Uma,

What about MSHA help file to view it in Microsoft Help Viewer? Will it be provided in the future or you plan to provide CHM only? It is more convinient to view all help in one place.

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Max,

We do not have the MSHA help file for ArcGIS Pro SDK.

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos