Dockpane loading issue

241
1
Jump to solution
07-09-2020 12:56 AM
ThanHtetAung_EsriAu
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Experts,

At one of my clients, they stream arcgis pro with appstream.

We have developed/deployed around 4 custom addinx files with around 40 dockpanes 

Since it is large scale, I have split into multiple class libraries for model, and some business logic controller so that with project reference I can reuse a lot.

Notice that in subsequent addin update, some dockpane cannot be loaded, cannot show at all.

After sometime troubleshooting, those affected dockpanes are related to those reference class libraries update.

If I update in the main addin module, everything looks good.

Would like to get advice about how should I add project references for ArcPRO sdk scenario? 

Currently it is Copy Local : True, Embeded Interop Types : False.

In citrix, or normal desktop window, or in ec2 instances, all of those update working properly.

All addin files are from same location (share and load from network unc path) , just the arcgis pro exe location is different.

I have a gap feeling that in aws appstream specific, the reference dll seems to be caches at somewhere/somehow.

Any idea how to troubleshoot in that situation? Uma HaranoWolfgang Kaiser

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThanHtetAung_EsriAu
Esri Regular Contributor

I just figure it out the real issue.

Since I have multiple addin module and one configx module, the issue is coming from configx module.

They are pointing the same reference dll projects.

However, configx never update based on client request, but the addinx modules are kept updating.

The underlying issue is that ArcGIS Pro will not load same assembly name eventhough version different. 

So based on the assembly loading order configx module load the relative assembly (meaning old reference assembly/ old version) 

When the addin modules are loaded, the new reference assembly with new version are not loaded again, that where problem started.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThanHtetAung_EsriAu
Esri Regular Contributor

I just figure it out the real issue.

Since I have multiple addin module and one configx module, the issue is coming from configx module.

They are pointing the same reference dll projects.

However, configx never update based on client request, but the addinx modules are kept updating.

The underlying issue is that ArcGIS Pro will not load same assembly name eventhough version different. 

So based on the assembly loading order configx module load the relative assembly (meaning old reference assembly/ old version) 

When the addin modules are loaded, the new reference assembly with new version are not loaded again, that where problem started.

0 Kudos