Wrong version of ArcGIS Pro displayed in "About" screen and in Windows "Programs and Features"

Jump to solution
07-10-2020 11:41 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1 installed on a PC. Clicking the Settings within ArcGIS Pro shows that the version is 2.5.0. When I go to look at it in "Programs and Features", it says that version installed is 2.5.22081. (See screenshots below)

Checking for updates is blocked on this PC, but the same issue occurs on PCs in our organization that don't have checking for updates blocked, so I don't think it's related. 

Has anyone else seen this? I definitely haven't downloaded this patch on any PCs yet, so I'm not sure why it's showing up here.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

What you're seeing in Programs and Features is the Pro version (2.5) and the build number.  Patches will not show here.

You will be able to see patches if you click on View installed updates.

This is also how you can "roll back" a patch without fully uninstalling/reinstalling.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

What you're seeing in Programs and Features is the Pro version (2.5) and the build number.  Patches will not show here.

You will be able to see patches if you click on View installed updates.

This is also how you can "roll back" a patch without fully uninstalling/reinstalling.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kory, 

Thanks for that info! It's helpful to know that there's a difference between patches and build numbers. I've looked into it a little more, and it looks like build numbers do correspond to specific patches. According to this documentation - FAQ: What are the build numbers for releases of ArcGIS Pro? - if I see build number 2.5.22081, that means I have patch 2.5.2 installed. But why would build 2.5.22081 show in Programs and Features if I only had version 2.5.0 or patch 2.5.1 installed?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

That is the build number for Pro 2.5, regardless of the patch:

From the link you shared:

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for pointing out that distinction! I definitely was not reading it correctly.