Why is Copy Selected records disabled?

49
4
Jump to solution
08-13-2019 02:19 PM
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Can anyone tell me why Copy Selected Records might be disabled, and what I can do about it?

Ctrl-Shift-C has no effect.

Selected features are in a polygon feature class in file geodatabase that only I have access to. Editing is enabled.

Pro v2.4.0.

Tags (2)
Reply
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Some fields were hidden and Show Aliases was turned on. After unhiding all fields and turning off aliases I can copy. It took several seconds for the [Copy] button to enable itself, perhaps 5.

I tried hiding the fields again and [Copy] remains enabled (and functional).

Copy remains enabled after exiting Pro and restarting again.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

------

It's a table for a polygon feature class within a feature dataset, in a file-gdb stored on network windows share.

No joins, domains, or sub-types.

I'm not sure why the strange ObjectID field name. It's not something I named deliberately. I believe the FC originally came from an AutoCAD file so it's likely something to do with that heritage.

View solution in original post

Reply
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
MVP Regular Contributor

In your Table of Contents click on the List By Editing (the pencil).  Are there any Warnings or Alerts for the feature you are trying to copy?

TOC

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

No, no warnings or alerts

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

your objectid field is a bit strange. 

Edit an active table—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop see the section on the importance of the objectid field

What is the nature of this table?

Are some fields hidden? A join?

Is it a standalone geodatabase table?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Some fields were hidden and Show Aliases was turned on. After unhiding all fields and turning off aliases I can copy. It took several seconds for the [Copy] button to enable itself, perhaps 5.

I tried hiding the fields again and [Copy] remains enabled (and functional).

Copy remains enabled after exiting Pro and restarting again.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

------

It's a table for a polygon feature class within a feature dataset, in a file-gdb stored on network windows share.

No joins, domains, or sub-types.

I'm not sure why the strange ObjectID field name. It's not something I named deliberately. I believe the FC originally came from an AutoCAD file so it's likely something to do with that heritage.

View solution in original post

Reply
0 Kudos