Why does table frame not show the visible rows of a layout?

07-12-2019 03:01 AM
JacobVos
New Contributor II

I defined a layout with a table frame and set the option 'Query' to "Visible rows". However, no rows are shown. The value "All rows" does show all rows. The data is in an attribute table.

What might be the cause?

11 Replies
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

I had similar issues when using the "Visible Rows" option on a table frame.  When I initially inserted the table frame, the feature was working fine.  I then renamed some fields in the attribute table that the table frame was based on.  As soon as I did this, Visible Rows returned no results...but I was able to change the setting and see all records in the dataset.

I tried adding another copy of the same feature set to the map, and switched the table frame to pull from the new copy.  Interestingly, Visible Rows worked--but the old field names were listed on the table frame.  The attribute table for the copy had the updated field names, though.

What "solved" this for me was to export the feature set as a new feature set.  I could bring this newly exported data into the map and successfully use Visible Rows as expected.  Something about changing the field names seems to have triggered this, and starting with a fresh export seems to have worked.

RickVillarreal
New Contributor III

I have been having a similar issue with the table frame properties this morning, and I have found that the type of table matters. When I use a CSV (Which is the default when exporting a graph to table), Pro wil not display all fields. when I export to a GDB table instead, it works.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos