Select to view content in your preferred language

Where's the "pause drawing" button?

Jump to solution
11-20-2014 02:31 AM
JesperErenskjold
Deactivated User

A really simple and potentially stupid question: Where is the "pause drawing" button in Arcgis Pro? It's really annoying that you can't pause the drawing of big feature classes! Hope someone can help me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Jesper,

There's no pause button in currently available Pro, but you can use the Esc key to pause loading and drawing of data.  Make sure the map view is focused and hit Esc to use it.  The next time you navigate or change properties, the drawing will start again.

I'll also note that we've been working on some fixes to make the UI more responsive when extensive data access is occurring for some types of data - you should see these enhancements at the final release. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Jesper,

There's no pause button in currently available Pro, but you can use the Esc key to pause loading and drawing of data.  Make sure the map view is focused and hit Esc to use it.  The next time you navigate or change properties, the drawing will start again.

I'll also note that we've been working on some fixes to make the UI more responsive when extensive data access is occurring for some types of data - you should see these enhancements at the final release. 

0 Kudos