Select to view content in your preferred language

VBscript was in a mxd import to Pro created an expression error question (Notification) Question

02-02-2024 06:59 AM
PROBERT68
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Last year my supervisor wanted me to work on Custom Topo project.  This was created by another forest employee on another  area and share with me to work on it on our Forest.  I started worked on it last year to  go through what layer that works on our forest.

So when Import this mxd file to Pro and then review to ensure all the layer are working and symbology came through ok.

What I did not realized is that the vbscript that was brought into PRO might not be working in Pro , because I think the vbscript was working in old version and maybe is no longer working in Pro .... so I believe there might be more that one layer may have vbscript that was written in older version. 

How do I know it was because  when I turn on and off the layer and I see the blue dot on a notification and it is telling me that Drawing Alerts and I click on the three dots to select that layer and it  open that layer with Label Class to a specific layer and then at the bottom in Expression showed the coding.

See this screenshot of what I am trying to explain here

Expression Drawing Alerts Error.png

I do have a question that I am not sure.  I am not good at modify coding in Expression.  I believe it was somebody else  who wrote these expression to write a specific label.

1.  Would an old VBscript from older ArcGIS Desktop's vbscript in the past will work in current ArcGIS Pro ? ( I have 3..2.1)

2.  Are there any online that will allowed me to copy the code and check for any error to correct  the code?

3. Any script that will let me to replace it ?

4. We have these Notepad ++,  PyCharm Community Edition 2021.1.1 and  Spyder

5.  Any feedback ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PROBERT68
Honored Contributor

HEY    Never mind !!!!!!

Problem solved...    Email my supervisor about this situation to see if my supervisor has the similiar problem...

So my supervisor had the same as I do

So I google and found this 

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-layers-and-labels-do-not-display-in-an-arcgis-....

So if you expereince like this then you know where to find 

THanks

0 Kudos