Select to view content in your preferred language

Utility Network diagram ERROR 160189

Jump to solution
10-16-2023 02:20 AM
xyz_AL
by
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm trying to customize a diagram template to run in a utility network. The model is just at the beginning, as you can see from the image (it creates a new diagram template named TEST1). If I apply it to a pipeline selection with just 3 selected records it returns the "ERROR 160189 - The spatial index grid size is invalid" (no error occurs if I select 1 or 2 pipes).

Screenshot 2023-10-16 110538.png

The strange thing is that the same error occurs also if a click on the default template "Basic" diagram.

I've tried to delete and recreate the spatial index for the PipelineLine and for the PipelineSubnetLine but the error is still there.

I'm working on Gas and Pipeline Utility Network Foundation v2, with ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnneYvonneBlin
Esri Contributor

Hello @xyz_AL 
I tried to reproduce using various of the Gas and Pipeline Utility Network Foundation versions we provided without success. However, I know that at a time, there were bad index grid settings initialized on some network classes in File geodatabase that could result in such a spatial index grid size error when creating diagrams.
Could you please copy the network dataset from UPDM_UtilityNetwork.gdb and paste it to a newly created file or mobile geodatabase. Then work from the copied geodabase instead of the original one. 
Please let me know how it works after that
Best regards
Anne-Yvonne

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnneYvonneBlin
Esri Contributor

Hello @xyz_AL 
I tried to reproduce using various of the Gas and Pipeline Utility Network Foundation versions we provided without success. However, I know that at a time, there were bad index grid settings initialized on some network classes in File geodatabase that could result in such a spatial index grid size error when creating diagrams.
Could you please copy the network dataset from UPDM_UtilityNetwork.gdb and paste it to a newly created file or mobile geodatabase. Then work from the copied geodabase instead of the original one. 
Please let me know how it works after that
Best regards
Anne-Yvonne