Select to view content in your preferred language

update maps faster

02-06-2024 01:55 AM
Alex3
by
New Contributor

I work in the environmental sector and in all of my projects, I always have one or sometimes more layouts (with a focus on different technical plans). For every layout I need to create individual maps on many topics (water bodies, forests, soil, culture, landscape,....). It would be so much easier if I didn't have to turn on and off the feature classes and titles I need for each theme every time.

It also often happens that I need to reprint all the maps, but I only need to change the technical plan. I would like to do this faster. Does anyone have a tip?

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in Python yet, but I want to learn. However, I don't know the best way to improve myself to achieve a solution of my problem.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Alex, good morning, in terms of titles maybe give your maps proper names and then use the map name as a the layout title via Dynamic Text. This will help you save some tiny bit of time by not having to enter the title text again for the layout. Another thing that might be able to help you is that if your layout title elements (north arrow, scale, legend, title and etc) positions stay the same in each map, then you can create one layout and save that as template which you can later use and modify for other maps.

Question | Analyze | Visualize