Unable to register sde to the ArcGIS 11 from ArcGIS pro as well as server manager

Jump to solution
10-04-2022 05:35 AM
junaidjawaid
New Contributor III

Hi, I am facing an issue while registering my database to the ArcGIS Server. When i register the database to the server it throughs me following error:

junaidjawaid_0-1664882254215.png

Following configurations are done in the ArcGIS Enterprise ecosystem I am working on:

• ArcGIS Server 11 and Portal for ArcGIS installed on the same machine with separate web adaptors.
  • ArcGIS Datastore configured with Relational, Spatiotemporal, Graph and Tile Cache extensions.
  • ArcGIS Pro 3.0 installed on separate machine.
  • ArcSDE is installed on the third separate machine.
  • Oracle 19c 64 bit client installed on both ArcGIS pro and ArcGIS server machines.
  • Environment variable set to orahome\bin folder.

I am able to connect to the 19c database from ArcGIS pro but unable to register this database to ArcGIS server. Anyone have clue that where is the problem exist??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

It's very important to remember that on your ArcGIS Server machine, it is the ArcGIS Server Account that will be trying to access the Oracle Client files. This user may have lower permissions than the user you were logged in as when you installed the Client, or it may not have access to a User level PATH Environment Variable.

Check the ArcGIS Server Account has full access to the Oracle Client folders.
Check your PATH Environment Variable is pointing to the Oracle Client for the ArcGIS Server Account, or is set at System level.
Alternatively, log in to the ArcGIS Server machine as the ArcGIS Server Account user to check Permissions or PATH settings.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/deploy/windows/accounts-used-by-arcgis-server.htm

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

It's very important to remember that on your ArcGIS Server machine, it is the ArcGIS Server Account that will be trying to access the Oracle Client files. This user may have lower permissions than the user you were logged in as when you installed the Client, or it may not have access to a User level PATH Environment Variable.

Check the ArcGIS Server Account has full access to the Oracle Client folders.
Check your PATH Environment Variable is pointing to the Oracle Client for the ArcGIS Server Account, or is set at System level.
Alternatively, log in to the ArcGIS Server machine as the ArcGIS Server Account user to check Permissions or PATH settings.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/deploy/windows/accounts-used-by-arcgis-server.htm

junaidjawaid
New Contributor III

Hi @ChrisUnderwood ,

Thanks for the help and the issue is resolved. Let me tell you what I did for the resolution based on your idea:

I copied the instant client inside the ArcGIS server users directory so that it may have full access to the client folder. Then I set up the Path variable accordingly and restarted the ArcGIS server service which resolved the issue. 

Really grateful for your valuable insight. (y)

0 Kudos