Select to view content in your preferred language

tiled label to annotation

yesterday
Labels (1)
MarcelSt-Germain
Regular Contributor

Verry frustrating,

I'm with Pro 3.3.  Since arcmap with data driven page and now with mapseries, I use "Geoprocessing - Tiled labels to annotation".

Before, in arcmap, the only problem was the processing forget to put the TiledID in some pages annotation s.

At first, until 3x, the processing iwas a relief, working correctly except ESRi introduce the automatic removing of labeling.  

Normal y, I have a map with groups of label to convert in annotation.  To remove the load, I have 4 groups where à check an uncheck (and saving after) before doing processing.

If I'm going with "Convert - All layers". The tables are empty in some layers (WYSINWYG).  If I select only one layer at a time, the table have the data completed. But now, I can't find the problem. I check for any problems in the summary, validate that each layer is in mode label.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

When converting all map layers to annotation, if any layers have labeling turned on but no features fall in the annotation creation extent, an output annotation feature class will still be created but have no features (table will be empty). Is it possible the output layer with empty tables are from features outside your annotation extent?

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain
Regular Contributor

@JesseWickizer 

Sorry, not the case.  See them in my extend, but not after correction.  I try doing so layer by layer and miracle, all layer with annotation is ok in the annotation generated.

The problem is each version have  issue.  Can't take for granted that if is't working in one, the next will work the same.  In 2x and 3.0 I haven't see not such a problem.  It's like for exporting who work fine until 3,0 then stop working after that.

0 Kudos